Thank you so much to Kasey for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community, so it was a lovely notification to receive and it put a big smile on my face. I’m so happy you like me and my lil blog enough to nominate me, it means a lot! You can follow Kasey over on Twitter @Bandraoidh and on her blog, The Black Rabbit Society
The rules for accepting this nomination are as follows:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
What is your favourite way to unwind and destress?
Nothing relaxes me more than a nice bath (usually featuring lots of Lush products!), a glass of wine, and a good TV show or YouTube video. Bath time is undoubtedly the best time to catch up with your favourite show or content creator, because you can lock yourself away and not be disturbed!
What is your favourite book or author?
My all-time favourite book is The Silence of the Lambs (no surprises there, right?), but my favourite author is actually Stephen King. I don’t think I’ve ever read a bad book by him!
Why did you get into blogging?
Originally I got into blogging during a long period of unemployment, as a way to set myself a new routine and not get bored whilst I was waiting for responses to my job applications. But I’m happy to say that it’s become a huge part of who I am, and I love sharing my love of film and TV with likeminded people. I now feel like I’m part of this brilliant community of all ages and interests, and I interact with new people every day.
What is your favourite word in the English language?
I don’t think I have a favourite word to be honest! It’s not something I’ve really considered before. But I suppose, unoriginally, I am a big fan of ridiculous words such as antidisestablishmentarianism and hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (the fear of long words… how ironic!), though I’m yet to get them into an sentences.
What kind of advice is your go to for any situation?
I don’t like to throw quotes around for the hell of it, but this one has always reminded me to do what’s right for me, accept when I fail, and not allow myself to be judged unfairly. I think it’s a good reminder for people during a difficult time and can be applied to lots of different things:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time” – John Lydgate
What is your current binge-worthy Netflix show?
It’s so hard for me to just choose one Netflix show as I love so many, but the one I recommend to everyone is BoJack Horseman. (which I’m yet to review, actually!) You may struggle to see the appeal of an animated horse and his friends, but honestly, it’s one of the best TV shows I’ve seen in my life and it isn’t afraid to discuss taboo topics. Plus the satirisation of Hollywood / celebrity culture is spot on. Go watch it!
What is one item of clothing that always makes you feel good?
My leather jacket. Not sure why, but a good jacket can just make you feel so cool and confident no matter what you’re wearing underneath!
How do you keep yourself healthy, physically and mentally?
Physically: I do my best to eat plenty of fruit and veg, drink water and green / fruit tea, practice yoga, and go for walks. I can’t drive which means I’m more likely to motivate myself to walk somewhere. To be honest I could do a lot more though!
Mentally: I remind myself that it’s okay to not be okay, and to take time out when I need to. I have a great support network too, and they always help me to rationalise things when I need it. I’m lucky and grateful to have them.
Where do you see your life going?
That’s always a pretty tough question, but I’d like to get married, have a couple of kids and have a successful career in copywriting / marketing. Other than that, I just want to enjoy the time I have on this Earth and experience as much as I can!
Do you feel a connection with an object?
I have a teddy bear called Bedtime Bear who I’ve had since the day I was born. I’m definitely attached to him!
What would you spend £1,000 on?
I would definitely put it towards a lovely holiday for myself and my boyfriend. I haven’t had the opportunity to leave Europe yet, and there’s so much of the world I’d like to see!
Note: All my nominations are bloggers whose content I personally enjoy, and are not limited to just film blogging / close friends! I believe the below people are a wonderful part of the wider blogging community, produce some great things and are really cool people.
- JD from Film Dude Blog: filmdudeblog.wordpress.com / @EIPJD
- Zoe from Zobo with a Shotgun: zobowithashotgun.com / @ZoboWithShotgun
- Moonsomnia: moonsomnia.com / @moonsomniablog
- Amy from Amy Quite Contrary: amyquitecontrary.wordpress.com / @amycontrary
- Charlotte De Lacey: charlottedelacy.co.uk / @Charlotte_Dee1
- Stephanie from Fork My Piehole: forkmypiehole.com / @StephanieJay_UK
- Mitch from Shock Street Horror: shockstreethorror.com / @watchfiresmitch
- Amy from Amy Clarke Films: amyclarkefilms.com / @amyclarkefilms
- Iain from IainIsCreative: iain.is / @IainIsCreative
- No Limits Real Life Ramblings: nolimitsrealliferamblings.wordpress.com / @NLRLRBlog
- S and B at La ‘Cine’e Bella: lacineebella.wixsite.com/lacineebella / @lacineebella
- What is your favourite film genre?
- Who inspires you?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- If you could only eat one thing for the next month, what would it be?
- Do you have any bad habits?
- Tea, coffee, or neither?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
- Could you survive a week without any internet connection?
- Do you have any pets? If not, do you want any?
- If you could travel to any time or place, where would you go?
Thanks again for nominating me, Kasey. There’s no obligation for anyone take part in this but it would be cool to see some of your answers!